For more information please contact Paddington Clinic on the below details:
As we approach summer, it is a great time for a spring clean of our bodies. Winter is often a time we become inactive, put on extra weight and eat rich and heavy foods. In doing this, our energy levels suffer as our bodies work extra hard to keep up. If you are feeling tired, sluggish, or irritable or suffer from headaches, skin problems or digestive problems like bloating, constipation or nausea, a detox may most likely be what you need.
To help you with an internal spring cleanse have a look here and get in touch with us here to work out a detox program that works for you. It’s important that all detox programs be monitored by a trained professional to ensure they are performed at the right pace for you. Some people may need a more gentle detox and others a stronger one, depending on each person’s particular constitution and toxicity levels.
Note: At Paddington Clinic, we use testing markers such as urine analysis before and after each detox to see the progress you are making. You can find out more about our testing procedures here.
In the meantime, here are 5 tips to improve your energy levels and clean out your body:
- Switch your morning coffee with a Dandelion root tea. This will boost your liver function and improve your body’s ability to get rid of toxins. Note: you may get some initial cravings for coffee if it has been your standard morning drink, but they will pass. Just persevere!
- Drinking Bacopa tea can help improve memory and feeling of well being. In Ayurveda Bacopa is considered the food for the brain and can help combat stress and depression.
- Up your water intake. It can be hard when we are in the cooler months to remember to get those 1.5-2 litres of water daily, but without it we feel sluggish, tired and the body’s natural ability to detox comes to a standstill.
- Get to bed before 10pm. You will notice the difference in energy levels by getting the much needed rest between 10pm and 2am. In Chinese Medicine, this is “Liver” time, which is when the blood is cleansed and the detoxification process is working hard.
- Increasing your daily intake of vegetables to 3 cups daily along with regular protein intake gives you sustainable energy throughout the day and stops you reaching out for high-sugar, high-fat treats.