For more information please contact Paddington Clinic on the below details:
People often ask why they should seek the care of a naturopath. How are they different from conventional doctors? What types of treatments do they use? Do they get results? So, to answer these and many other questions about naturopathic medicine, here are the top 10 reasons why you should see a naturopath.
- Naturopaths use Non-Invasive Therapies: As naturopaths, we use a variety of non-invasive yet highly effective modalities depending on your individual health concerns. We are trained in nutrition, counselling, botanical medicine, lifestyle modification and a variety of different health testing methods to not only get to the bottom of your health problem, but to treat it effectively with minimal – if any – side-effects.
- We Build Relationships with our Patients: We take our time so you can finally have your chance to be heard. Instead of being rushed out of our offices, you get to tell us your concerns, your limitations, your past experiences or anything else you might think is relevant to your health. The relationship is one of mutual respect and this can often be a crucial factor in healing.
- Naturopaths are Trained Professionals: We go through rigorous training before becoming licensed to treat the health conditions affecting you and your family. As part of our association and insurance standards, we also need to regularly engage in further education courses each year to ensure we are up to date with latest research and information.
- Naturopaths Empower their Patients: We take time to educate our patients so that you can take better care of yourself. As the Chinese proverb states, “Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.” Naturopathic medicine is about empowering patients to make better choices in order to achieve greater health throughout their entire lives.
- We Treat the Cause: Prescription drugs often deal with symptoms but rarely address the cause of ill health. Naturopaths focus on working on a deeper level. By identifying and treating the cause of disease, rather than the symptoms, the body can better regulate and heal itself. In so doing, the patient not only feels better, they actually get better too.
- We Focus on Disease Prevention: Rather than just treating illness, we educate patients on how they can make better their life choices to prevent illness in the first place.
- We Can Help Where Conventional Medicine has Failed: Often there are instances where conventional medicine has failed or has limited treatment options. This is common when treating patients suffering from anxiety, infertility and autoimmune diseases, just to name a few. Naturopathic medicine offers options in these cases that can work with or instead of conventional medicine to help heal the body.
- We are Cost Effective: Many people self-medicate. They go to the health food store and buy remedies that may or may not be effective for their condition. Natural doesn’t necessarily mean safe. Often, people are not aware of contraindications or side effects of natural vitamins, minerals and herbs. By seeing a naturopath, you can be assured that you will get the right remedy that is safe and effective for you.
- Visits are Often Covered by Private Health Care Plans: Most people think that naturopathic medicine is expensive. In comparison to many other health care plans, it is not. Besides, the cost of naturopathy pales in comparison to surgery visits and other extreme intervention, had you not addressed your health long before it got to that point. Also, more and more private healthcare plans are covering naturopathic medicine, so depending on which company you are with, you will receive a rebate with your visits.
- Naturopaths use Therapies that Have Stood the Test of Time: Many of the therapies that we use have been practiced for hundreds of years and in some countries, these therapies still remain the primary form of healthcare. In this day and age, more and more research is proving the efficacy of natural therapies, and better still – the minimal side effects they have.