For more information please contact Paddington Clinic on the below details:
Without a healthy diet, it is difficult to concentrate, remember, pay attention and learn. This applies to both children and adults, but perhaps is more critical to a child’s success in school. It’s never too late to make some healthy changes to your entire family’s diet to be sure that everyone is getting enough brain food.
Eating foods with folate, omega-3 fatty acids and tryptophan are some of the best ways to get the nutrients you need to your brain. Here are 10 of the best brain foods you can eat to optimise your brain function.
- Bananas: Vitamin B6, potassium and folic acid – increase serotonin and boost mood
- Eggs: Choline and protein – concentration and energy levels
- Avocados: Healthy fats that boost concentration and brain development
- Berries: High levels of antioxidants – boost brain function
- Green Tea: Catechines and polyphenols – boost dopamine levels to increase memory and concentration
- Tomatoes: Lycopine (a powerful antioxidant) – helps improve brain function
- Spinach: Folate – increases memory and concentration
- Red Cabbage: Polyphenols (powerful antioxidants)
- Dark Chocolate: Antioxidsnts and flavanoids – stimulate increased blood flow to brain resulting in improved memory and concentration
- Seeds: Omega-3 & 6 fatty acids, Vitamin A & E – improve mood and brain function
BRAIN POWER SMOOTHIE
Banana + Chia seeds + Avocado + Blueberries + Pomegranate Juice + Ice : Add all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and delicious!