For more information please contact Paddington Clinic on the below details:
This is a super healthy, vegetarian take on the loved sausage roll.
What You Need:
- 2 cups of grated pumpkin
- 2 small onions finely diced
- 2 tins of brown lentils (drained)
- 1/2 cups of sunflower seeds
- 3/4 breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 2 teaspoons of tumeric
- big pinch of salt
- packet of puff pasty
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- sesame seeds, or poppy seeds, to spinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 220˚C.
- Make sure you have your puff pastry out of the freezer, so it is defrosted enough to roll.
- Whizz the pumpkin, onion, seeds, breadcrumbs and spices up in a food processor.
- Pop in to a bowl and mix through the lentils and season with salt.
- Once it is all mixed and looking like a filling for yummy rolls, grab your puff pastry.
- If you’re using the square sheets of puff pasty, cut that in half and get two long rolls from a sheet.
- Brush the pastry with the egg, this helps it stick together.
- Put your lentil mix on your puff pastry, along the long length and roll the pastry over the mix until it looks like a long tube.
- Brush the long pastry tube with more egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Put the long roll on a baking tray, lined with baking paper, and cut up in to little bite size pieces.
- Continue this process until you’ve filled your tray.
- Pop in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Pull out the oven and enjoy!