Making a baby sounds simple but for many couples this dream seems unachievable.
Due to a wide range of causes fertility in both men and women can rapidly decline. The can include hormonal disturbances, autoimmune disease, infection, oxidative stress, obesity, and lifestyle factors.
Pre conception – Conception (including IVF support) – Pregnancy – Labour – Post-Birth
In Women, natural therapies may assist with:
- Improving the function of the ovaries to produce higher quality eggs;
- Regulating the hormones to produce a larger number of follicles;
- Increasing blood flow to the uterus and the thickness of the uterine lining;
- Preventing uterine contraction post IVF embryo transfer;
- Reducing the side-effects of IVF medications;
- Reducing stress;
- Decreasing the risk of miscarriage, premature birth and stillbirth;
- Decreasing the risk of congenital malformations;
- Reducing pregnancy-related conditions such as nausea, fatigue, and muscular pain;
- Optimizing nutrition in order to minimize common problems such as post-natal depression and fatigue;
- Decreasing the need for artificial labour induction;
- Assisting in post-birth recovery.
In Men, natural therapies may assist with:
- Improving sperm count, sperm quality and sperm motility;
- Reducing sperm DNA fragmentation;
- Reducing stress;
- Optimising nutrition in order to maximise sperm health and minimise toxic overload;
Pre-conception care for both partners is the best way to enhance fertility. This enriches your chances of not only conceiving a baby, but of having the healthiest child possible.
Our Brisbane Natural Fertility Clinic offers a comprehensive range of natural therapies to maximise fertility in both men and women. We will design a fertility management program specifically for you and your circumstances.
Natural Therapies that may be included in your program:
Brisbane Natural Fertility: IVF Support
At Paddington Clinic we offer a number of different IVF acupuncture programs designed to:
- Optimise your chances of getting pregnant and more importantly, having a healthy birth;
- Increase blood flow to your reproductive organs;
- Reduce stress and enhance your health and well-being;
- Minimise symptoms associated with ART treatment;
- Use treatment strategies based on well established treatment protocols.
Acupuncture IVF Support plans are based on clinical trials. They range from preconception programs, to one or two treatments on the day of embryo transfer, to a course of treatment leading up to embryo transfer and continuing after that transfer.
Acupuncture IVF on the day of embryo transfer
Acupuncture trials have shown a significant increase in pregnancy rates by have treatments on the day of embryo transfer.
Program: Two treatments are usually given, the first acupuncture treatment is given before the transfer and the second treatment occurs after transfer.
Acupuncture before and during the medication phase of IVF
Acupuncture treatment before and during IVF increases blood flow to the uterus and ovaries. In addition, acupuncture appears to regulate fertility hormones which may contribute to follicle development and increased implantation.
Program: Two treatments per week for six weeks before egg retrieval is the ideal program plus treatment at the time of embryo transfer
Acupuncture three days after egg collection if going to blastocyst (day five) embryo transfer.
Program: We recommend that you have an acupuncture treatment three days after egg collection. This will help to prepare a calm environment for the arrival of an embryo for the day five transfers.
Acupuncture for frozen embryo transfer (FET) including donor eggs
Clinical trials have shown that acupuncture treatment before and during IVF increases blood flow to the uterus and ovaries. In addition, acupuncture appears to regulate fertility hormones which may contribute to follicle development and increased implantation. These trials reported increased pregnancy rates based on this protocol.
Program: Two treatments per week for four weeks before embryo transfer, plus treatments on the day of transfer
Having Fertility Issues?
Brisbane Natural Fertility practitioner Mary Melling explains the 3 essentials to fertility success