We recommend this to all new mothers to help replenish blood, energy and kidney reserves after childbirth. It’s also a great meal to drop around to new mothers to help nourish them and to support those first few weeks of settling into life with a new baby.
- 1 whole organic chicken (The marrow from the bones is to nourish the body and build energy and blood)
- 4 cm piece of fresh ginger chopped (warming and for the digestion – must be fresh ginger)
- 1 teaspoon salt (to tonify the Kidneys)
- I large onion chopped
- Sauté the onion in a little olive oil until soft.
- Add the ginger and chicken and cover with water
- Add the salt
- Once it comes to the boil, simmer the chicken on a low heat until the chicken falls away from the bone.
- Strain the stock through a sieve.
- Take the meat from the bones and discard the bones and keep the meat.
- Cool and remove the fat from the top of the soup.
Take one bowl of the soup once or twice daily. You can add other vegetables or seasoning to taste.