What is health anyway? That is the million dollar question, and it has to be answered before we can make sound decisions about which health trends to follow and which to leave behind.
Where do we find these nutrients which rebuild our cells? Can’t we just eat five fruits and vegetables a day, add in some whole grains and lean meats and be done with it? Unfortunately, in our modern era, complete nutrition from diet alone simply is not possible — unless every single meal of every single day is a perfect nutritive power-house of organically produced, minimally processed, fresh from the farm foods totaling more than 3500 calories a day. Did you know that:
- A USDA study showed that only 4% of Americans are getting even the minimum recommended dietary allowance (RDA) of all their essential vitamins.
- A US government survey found that out of the 21,000 people surveyed, NOT ONE OF THEM manages to eat the RDA of the ten basic nutrients studied.
- On any given day, 91% of Americans do not consume the recommended amount of fruits and vegetables.
- Because of modern agriculture, your food doesn’t have the nutritional value it did in even the recent past. For example, you’d have to eat 60 servings of spinach to get the same amount of iron you would get from just one serving in 1948. And, you’d have to eat 25 cups of spinach to get one day’s recommended allowance of Vitamin E.
- In 1997, the Western Journal of Medicine published a study showing that $20 billion in hospital charges could have been prevented simply by taking vitamins and minerals. This doesn’t include doctor visits or over the counter remedies… or missed work.
- Nobel Laureate Linus Pauling said, “Recommended daily allowances only give levels of vitamins and minerals that will prevent death or serious illness from vitamin deficiency. To get real health benefits from vitamins, you need to get more than just the minimal recommended amounts.”
As a nation, we are not making good choices about our food, as often our diets are comprised of:
- over processed food with chemicals and preservatives added
- altered fats which create free radicals that damage our cells
- meats and poultry injected with hormones and antibiotics
- produce that is harvested early, sprayed, transported and stored nearly demolishing its nutrient content
- food, water and air that is contaminated with toxins and chemicals
We critically need to supply our cells with the proper building materials so that we can create a healthier life. Our food sources are just not measuring up. Supplementation has become necessary and we can help you in determining which minerals and vitamins you are deficient in, and which are the best to take. Not all supplements are the same quality, and not all can be effectively absorbed by the body so taking supplements under the recommendation of your Practitioner is the best and safest way to go.