Cashew nut milk is a wonderful staple to have in the fridge whilst detoxing. You can utilise it for smoothies, chia dandelion teas, etc, and it’s easy to make yourself at home.
Benefits of cashew nut milk:
- Great alternative to dairy
- High in protein
- Quick and easy to make
- Making it yourself you can avoid preservatives and unnecessary sugars that are present in the pre made varieties.
- High in tryptophan, a precursor to serotonin which is the body’s happy hormone.
- Great beverage to have before bed as it increases melatonin
- Soaking the nuts yourself reduces the physic acid levels in the nuts therefore makes them more mineral rich and easier to digest.
- 1 cup of cashews
- 1-2 dates
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla paste
- 1 litre of water
Soak 1 cup of cashews in one and half cups of water, over night. After soaking the cashew nuts overnight, drain off water and place in blender with 1-2 dates (pitted) and a teaspoon of vanilla paste and 1 litre of fresh filtered water. For a thicker texture you can add and additional 1/2 a cup of raw cashews to the blender. The milk can last in the fridge for up to 4 days.